- See how the radiation pattern changes with frequency in AN-3D Pattern. The near field heatmap and current distribution can also be viewed dynamically by changing the operating frequency.
- You can chat directly with technical support by going to the Help menu in AN-SOF (only available for the licensed version).
Enjoy this new version!
AN-SOF 7.10 is now available for download!
- Access the input impedance and VSWR easily by going to the Main menu > Results. This avoids selecting the segment where the source is located to access the input impedance.
- NEC designs of antennas over real ground can now be imported directly into AN-SOF by means of the GN command. The complete real ground description can also be exported to a NEC file.
- The GN command can also be exported to a Scilab .sce file to develop scripts and run bulk simulations.
- Run bulk simulations and process multiple input files with just one click. We have chosen the NEC format for the input files as it is a standard adopted by many users. Forget about running the simulations one by one, run them all at once.
- Import a single input file as a bulk simulation and get all the output data in one step. All computed parameters are saved as CSV files (power budget, gain, input impedance, VSWR, far and near fields, etc.).
- Export AN-SOF designs to Scilab format (*.sce files) and easily develop scripts that generate multiple descriptions with varying geometric parameters.
And last but not least, in this link you will find the instructions and scripts to get the gain of a Yagi antenna as a function of the spacing between its elements.
We can highlight the following improvements:
- Tabular input of linear wires as well as sources and loads. AN-SOF has many tools to make drawing wires an easier task. However, for those who prefer to enter wires in spreadsheet format we have added a tabular entry.
- List of recently open projects in the File menu. Access the last projects you have been working on much faster going to main menu > File > List of recently open projects.
- Zoom in and out by rotating the mouse wheel (or using the touchpad in a laptop with two fingers). You can continue to zoom by first clicking on the magnifying glass icon and then moving the mouse, but using the mouse wheel is more direct.
- Radiation patterns plotted in AN-Polar can now be exported as *.ant files. The *.ant format can then be imported into the Radio Mobile propagation software. See the format description here: http://www.g3tvu.co.uk/Antenna_Plots.htm. Versions 1 and 3 are implemented in AN-SOF 6.20.
- See how to export radiation patterns from AN-SOF to Radio Mobile here: https://antennasimulator.com/downloadpro/Export_from_AN-SOF_to_Radio_Mobile.pdf. For 1 slice polar plot, an azimuth pattern must be chosen (theta = const). For 2 slices polar plot, slice 1 must be azimuthal (theta = const) and slice 2 must be zenithal (phi = const). The Full 3D option must be selected in AN-SOF Configure tab > Far-Field panel.
- Exportation of linear wires in DXF format has been added. DXF files can then be read by Autodesk viewer at https://www.autodesk.com/viewers/all-viewers/compare