How can we help?
Tabular Input of Linear Wires
Lines or linear wires can be entered and edited in a table as follows:
- Go to Draw > Tabular Input (Ctrl + T) in the main menu to show the table, Fig. 1.
- Choose the Wires tab and enter the values as it is specified in the column titles. Each row corresponds to a linear wire. Enter the number of segments in Segs, the coordinates of the starting (X1,Y1,Z1) and ending (X2,Y2,Z2) points and the wire radius. Only wires with circular cross-section can be entered. The wire resistivity and dielectric coating cannot be set in this basic definition.
- Right click on the table and a pop-up menu will be displayed with the standard Cut (Ctrl + X), Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) options.
- A single cell can be selected by left clicking on it or using the TAB and arrows keys on the keyboard.
- A row can be selected by clicking on the row number in the left column (the No. column). Use the mouse or the up and down arrows in the keyboard to select a single row. Double click on a single cell to exit the row selection mode.
- The Cut (Ctrl + X), Copy (Ctrl + C) and Paste (Ctrl + V) options also apply to a selected row. Besides, the Insert (Ins key) and Delete (Del key) options can be used to insert and delete rows.
- The Clear Contents (Ctrl + Del) option in the pop-up menu clears the content of a selected cell or row.
- Use the Sources and Loads tabs to enter sources and loads. The Wire No. column specifies which wire the source or load is placed on.
Table of Contents