Adding a PEC Ground Plane
A perfectly electric conducting (PEC) ground plane, parallel to the xy-plane, can be added to the model by means of the following procedure:
- Go to Setup tab > Environment panel >.
- Select the Perfect option in the Ground Plane box, Fig. 1.
- Set the ground plane position under the Position label (Z-coordinate).
When the perfect ground is selected, an infinite PEC ground plane will be placed at the specified position, Z, from the xy-plane.
- If Z > 0, the PEC ground plane will be above the xy-plane.
- If Z = 0, the PEC ground plane will be the xy-plane.
- If Z < 0, the PEC ground plane will be below the xy-plane.