How can we help?
< All Topics
The Setup Tab
The simulation parameters can be set in the Setup tabsheet. This page has the following panels: Frequency, Environment, Far-Field, Near-Field, Excitation, and Settings, Fig. 1.
- In the Frequency panel >, the project operating frequencies can be specified.
- In the Environment panel >, the relative permittivity and permeability of the surrounding medium and the type of ground plane can be set.
- In the Far-Field panel >, the angular ranges for the calculation of the far-field can be set.
- In the Near-Field panel >, the observation points for the calculation of the near-field can be set.
- In the Excitation panel >, the type of excitation for the structure can be set. When discrete sources are chosen as excitation, the total input power can be specified. When an incident field is chosen as excitation, the incoming direction and polarization for the incident wave can be specified.
- In the Settings panel >, additional parameters can be set, such as the reference impedance for VSWR and the accuracy of the calculations.
- On the right side of the Setup page there is a Note panel to write notes associated to the project. These notes will be saved in a text file in the same path as the project file and with the same name as the project.
Table of Contents